2011 The mikeroweWORKS Foundation Awards Tools Scholarships to AED Accredited & Alliance College Students
The AED Foundation is pleased to announce that The mikeroweWORKS Foundation has awarded a $500 tools scholarship to a top diesel/equipment technology student at each of AED’s Accredited and Alliance colleges. This represents a total of $12,000 for tools scholarships in 2011. Scholarship winners are general or manufacturer diesel/equipment program college students graduating in spring 2011 who earned the highest cumulative GPA at the end of the fall 2010 semester.
- Steven Baerlocher, Lewis-Clark State College, Lewiston, ID
- Travis Boyd, Dakota County Technical College, Rosemount, MN
- Neil Busch, Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Sturgeon Bay, WI
- Brian Callanan, White Mountains Community College, Berlin, NH
- Richard Creaser, Linn-Benton Community College, Albany, OR
- Tony Gieck, Linn State Technical College, Linn, MO
- Jacob Harwood, Lane Community College, Eugene, OR
- Tony Hassevoort, Owens Community College, Toledo, OH
- Grant Hofman, North Dakota State College of Science, Wahpeton, ND
- Lebron Holly, AVTEC Alaska Institute of Technology, Seward, AK
- Jeremy Janousek, Central Lakes College, Staples, MN
- Seth Johnson, Lansing Community College, Lansing, MI
- Caleb Kamp, Illinois Central College, East Peoria, IL
- Robert Moorhead, Ferris State University, Big Rapids, MI
- Ben Murry, Des Moines Area Community College, Ankeny, IA
- Preston Nygaard, Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Moorhead, MN
- Jasper Page, State University of New York, Cobleskill, NY
- Gregory Parrish, Wake Technical Community College, Raleigh
- Andrew Reisinger, Pennsylvania College of Technology, Williamsport, PA
- Marshall See, College of Western Idaho, Boise, ID
- Michael Sherman, Edison Community College, Piqua, OH
- Bryan Vandevord, Oklahoma State University, Okmulgee, OK
- Brian Wanstrom, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID
- Jorge Wieting, Lake Area Technical Institute, Watertown, SD
AED and The AED Foundation would like to express our sincere thanks to Mike Rowe and the people at The mikeroweWORKS Foundation for everything they are doing on behalf of the construction industry, including these tools scholarships.
Mike Rowe is the creator and host of the widely-watched and acclaimed show “Dirty Jobs” on the Discovery Channel. I’m sure you have also seen him in television and Internet ads for Ford Motor Company, Caterpillar, Inc., VF Corp/Lee Jeans and Kimberly-Clark. What you may not know is that Mike is dedicated to promoting the skilled trades, including our construction-related industries, in an effort to address image and workforce issues.
Through his website, mikeroweWORKS.com, the young and not-so-young alike are exposed to the great industry we work in, are given lots of resources to help make informed choices as to career and technical job options and information as to where they may find schools and financial aid to help them achieve their goals.
If you have not already done so, I encourage you to visit www.mikeroweWORKS.com for yourself. The site will give you an idea of the broad scope of his mission. Evidenced by his involvement with the recently launched “I Make America” (www.imakeamerica.com) and “Go Build Alabama” (www.gobuildalabama.com) campaigns, Mike is not just talking about things, he is doing them!
Visit The AED Foundation website – HERE